Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hee..have been organizing the pictures in my laptop these few days...there are so many of them..Switzerland, Japan, China, various concerts, and I've never really got down to putting them in their proper places. Maybe I'll make use of this chance to
showcase some of the more exciting/interesting parts of my life (other than school =p)


This was the apartment where I stayed in Tokyo for 2 nights (Dec 2005). This shop (gender-free!) is on the third level while i stayed at the fourth.





Even for those who can't read japanese, I guess there are enough contextual clues to pick out what this shop is. The words in the bottom right hand corner of the red sign says "Cross-dress, SM Play, Petting Partners OK"

Btw I did not pick this place on purpose! Neither did we patronise it(it's highly exclusive anyway, with prohibitive prices).Firstly it was my travelling mate Kaile who chose it, and secondly we were just going for the cheapest place we can find. I think this place was 1000yen per night (which is like $15..in TOKYO), situated in this very colourful but dodgy neighbourhood. It was certainly an eye-opener.



As we climbed the very narrow stairs to the fourth storey, there was a huge sized "lady" standing outside the third storey (where the ULALA shop is) carrying a broom in the most subservient and docile manner. While Kaile didn't realize the nature of the shop, I certainly did and could tell who this "lady" was. It was really amusing see her being so prim and proper, she even stopped sweeping to let us walk past her. =)

Our apartment, on the other hand, was like the most cramped room I have ever seen, accommodating FIVE people(including us). Really, once we have set down our luggage we have hardly any space to manoeuvre. The other three were all japanese guys. (Kaile thinks one of them is a girl, but I am rather sure he is a guy, erm...which I deduced from the way he used the toilet.)

Hee well I guessed we couldn't expect much for 1000Y per night. While it was most uncomfortable, it was certainly a highlight of the trip that I would remember for years to come. I mean..come on, how many tourists get to stay above a gay whorehouse and in such close contact with locals squeezing in this one-room apartment?

No comments: