Saturday, December 30, 2006

CENSORSHIP? Puh-Lease what a joke

Finally I'm back. This new beta blogger or whatever is causing lots of problems!

Tired....will blog in greater detail subsequently. For now I just want to say that the uncensored version of Royston Tan's 15 is actually available on youtube. Gosh..it's infuriating....two (or was it three) years ago at the age of 23/24 I wasn't allowed to watch the uncensored version because of censorship(17 cuts if I did not remember wrongly), but now teenagers are accessing the unadulterated version. Oh well..I'm always against imperfect asymmetrical information flow anyway... =p

I was surprised at the male nudity scenes(actually just one) though, I've always thought youtube did not allow such explicit details. In the meantime those who want to watch it might want to hurry before it gets taken down or someting. It's a shame we Singaporeans have to resort to such means to watch a refreshingly original local production.

While I'm on it, Royston's 4:30 was wonderful as well, although it was as painful to watch as 15. Somehow the emotions are stripped bare right in front of you, which can be awfully unsettling.

No comments: