Saturday, August 12, 2006

Blogging again! After the onslaught of verbal assualts and physical intimidation from friends and students, I type this entry with the utmost reluctance. (Only when someone threatened to ban me from accessing her rather entertaining blog)

Since i have tons of marking to do(convenient excuse), I'll just give a brief update of my life in case you haven't contacted me for the past few months.

1. Graduated from NIE, although I did not attend the ceremony, neither did I collect my scroll. It's just too much of a hassle, with NIE being so far away and having to reschedule and make up my lessons. Anyway NIE wasn't such a defining moment of my life that I felt compelled to go for the ceremony, although I did miss the chance to meet up with the 13 gorgeous girls who are my classmates.

2. Went on a self-planned trip to Shanghai-Hangzhou-Suzhou. Not very uplifting, I would say, or like what Kaile might say, it's "approaching expectations". It was enjoyable, definitely, but somehow it just lacked the "oomph" which I got from Japan and Switzerland. The best part was the cheap books and DVDs/VCDs ..I have tonnes of books and Jap dramas (legal copies..i.e. non-pirated) which I have no time to finish(and here I am writing this entry......see Angie..how nice I am)

3. posted to SAJC. (If you don't know this by now you probably don't know me personally) To be honest I was a little upset initially, since another school had accepted me and I was all mentally geared towards that....quite a shock when I saw my posting. Well but it turned out to be a nice place..my colleagues are really nice, warm and helpful except one person (no prizes for guessing who) ...oops can't bitch here, so I'm really glad that things worked out.

4. My students are...............nice. Oops I think as a GP tutor I should refrain from using some bland and emotionally lacking words like "nice"..but then I can't type while keeping my fingers crossed. ok I'll try my best...they are interesting and funny people, rather amusing, although some are in a higher state of inertia and require more prodding....

5. Became teacher-in-charge of SAJC Band. Wow...an astonishing group of people. Both in terms of musical excellence and vibrancy. I was truly touched and impressed several times over the past month, during the concert, practices, band dinner, etc...although i did not have much chance to interact with them as yet, though I'm sure that'll change with time to come.

6. Performed with Hsing Hai. Wow this concert like clashed with SAJC Band's..so I was rushing back and forth several times that day..nearly killed me in the process. I realized it had been almost a year since I last performed on stage..quite a feat for me! Guess I won't be performing much now that I'm no longer a part of any musical group. (Flo...that's not an excuse to ask me to play the violin during GP =p)

7. Speaking of which..I bought a $1200 violin after coming back from China. Blew my budget..but just couldn't resist when they started dangling more and more expensive violins in front of me. My intended budget was only $600-$800. Sigh..well guess I'd have to wait a couple of months more for my piano.

Gosh..I lead a sad life..I can't even come up with more than 7 points to summarize two months of my life. And 5 of these revolve around the school. My social life's at stake!