Thursday, August 17, 2006

Would you prefer to teach secondary school or JC? A question that I have asked and have been asked numerous times.

For me it's more about preferring teaching GP to teaching English rather than JC vs Sec School per se. GP is so much more interesting..I get to do research about many fascinating stuff (although I always get censored by the school network for trying to access violent/explicit websites...hey can't be helped..that's the nature of the subject! To show the various perspectives!) Reading what students have to say in GP essays is also more interesting (most of the time..except for the dreaded "I agree to a large extent.") than reading silly stories written by secondary school students (And having to read cliche openings and nonsensical stories.......although I do miss having a good laugh =p)

And I love GP because I get to argue * eyes lit up * but sadly very few students want to argue with me. (Actually they do, but only about silly things like "can we extend the deadline" and "no you didn't tell us!"..not very intellectually stimulating!)

Having said that I do miss my lovely GMSS students(though I'm affirmative NOT all of them miss me...=p). But sometimes in secondary school I have to resort to so much nagging and scolding that I just dread myself. Hmm..on second thoughts I might have to resort to that even in JC.

No comments: