Saturday, May 20, 2006

ROTTING AWAY

To quote Calbin, " Life has been boring". While my poor GMSS students are struggling with their exams, I am shaking legs at home having nothing (much) to do. (Btw, I noticed the F2-1 students did not come online during the exam period, while the F1=1 students continue to be online. SHAME ON YOU! tsk tsk) Well exams are over for them as well by now, so do take a (well-deserved?) rest for now. =)

For me I have not adjusted to suddenly having so much time on my hands. MOre time for maple story, more time for practising, more time for reading. Oh I haven't read so many books since I could remember. I finished Book 1 of the latest Dragonlance trilogy: Amber and Ashes. Juicy stuff. The gods are bickering among themselves again. I like the capricious and wilful Zeboim, goddess of the sea. Maybe it shall be my new pseudonym, and I do need one. I also read this hilarious book entitled "The Short History of the Tractors of Ukraine". The colourful characters and witty dialogue make the book impossible to put down and I finished the book in record time.

Kayser is my nemesis. For the uninitiated, I'm not referring to a brand of sweets(hmm..haven't seen these sweets recently actually), but the 36 etudes(studies) for violin. Despite the words "PROGRESSIVE" and "ELEMENTARY" on the cover of the book, I can guarantee that the etudes are neither progressive nor elementary. Seriously I have never played such ridiculously difficult stuff even in my almost ten years of CO, and now I am expected to play this in like..less than ten months of violin playing? I feel sorry for the millions of violin students(myself included) who contort their fingers regularly in such awkward positions to master Kayser. Well..I guess at least it keeps me busy .. =p

No comments: